Solid Hardwood Flooring In Bathroom
Properly maintained a solid hardwood floor is a very durable long lived flooring material.
Solid hardwood flooring in bathroom. On top is a clear coat called the wear layer. Of all hardwood flooring options engineered is a better choice for a bathroom than solid as plywood or solid wood bottom layers hold up against moisture relatively well and are very dimensionally stable. The material will also soak up any water spilled on it. Bamboo planks that are made of solid bamboo are more likely to hold up in this environment.
Bamboo is also a harder material than most hardwoods meaning that it usually wears well under heavy use. If you are set on using bamboo for a bathroom make sure to look into the construction of the product. Hardwood will take much more care and maintenance in a bathroom than elsewhere in your home at the very least a yearly application of a finish designed for wet environments. The surface of laminate plank is actually a photograph of oak cherry slate marble or any other wood or stone.
Consider installing reclaimed or distressed engineered wood floors in a bathroom to help any possible water damage blend into the design of the wood. If you happen to live in an adult only household that towels off while in the tub or shower the application can be successful without problems. The only time solid hardwood is an okay bathroom flooring option is in a rarely used guest bathroom or perhaps a half bath. Here are some guidelines for your clients to follow to keep their newly installed bathroom floors looking fresh.
Solid hardwood boards are sometimes glued down using construction adhesives such as when they are installed over concrete or an existing hard floor such as ceramic tile. The result is swelling and buckling. Laminate flooring is essentially resin impregnated paper atop a wood chip base. Hardwood floors in bathrooms i am often asked is it safe to install wood floors in the bathrooms of our house the answer is yes and no.
When hardwood does become scratched it can be sanded and refinished to renew the surface. Solid hardwood flooring is known to expand and contract with contact to high humidity. Reclaimed hardwood floors already have natural character. Manufacturers often challenge warranty claims on wood flooring in a bathroom and some flooring products may expressly say they are not suitable for bathrooms.
Engineered hardwood and some prefinished solid hardwood planks are attached with a modified tongue and groove system sometimes known as click lock. Surprisingly laminate flooring is a better bathroom flooring choice than solid hardwood. Lifespans of 25 years or more are common making hardwood flooring second only to ceramic or stone tile for longevity. Solid hardwood flooring will absorb moisture whether it is from high humidity or water spilled onto it.
It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use.
- Small Bathroom Design Ideas Images
- Small Bathroom Design Ideas With Freestanding Tub
- Small Bathroom Design Size
- Small Bathroom Flooring Ideas Uk
- Small Bathroom Designs With Bath
- Small Bathroom Designs With Double Sink
- Small Bathroom Ideas For Remodeling
- Small Bathroom Grey And White Bathroom Tile Ideas
- Small Bathroom Floor Ideas 2020
- Small Bathroom Design With Shower Only
- Small Bathroom Floor Plans With Tub And Shower
- Small Bathroom Designs With Shower And Tub
- Small Bathroom Design Ideas With Bathtub
- Small Bathroom Half Bath Small Bathroom Bathroom Color Ideas
- Small Bathroom Freestanding Tub Shower Combo
- Small Bathroom Designs With Shower Floor Plans
- Small Bathroom Design With Storage
- Small Bathroom Designs With Shower Layout
- Small Bathroom Designs With Freestanding Tub
- Small Bathroom Half Size Bathtub