Rotted Wood Bathroom Floor
In cases of severe rot extend.
Rotted wood bathroom floor. A spongy floor around the toilet is a strong indication that the subfloor has absorbed water. Stepping through the floor was not the first hint that it had rotted out but it sure moved the floor repair up on the priority list for a house with plenty of remodel projects to do. Well as you know we had a bit of a setback when we found out we had a leak that caused a section of the bedroom floor to rot out. But if your floor is severely rotted say more than an inch beyond the flange you re stuck replacing the flooring around the toilet.
Place a rag in the opening to keep sewer odours from entering the room. A step by step video of how to repair the floor under your toilet replace it put new flooring and set the toilet etc. If you want to make a. Remove any fixtures such as a toilet pedestal sink or washing machine located in or near the rotting area.
Discover swollen discolored wood a sure sign that the subfloor needs replacing. It goes under the flange and transfers the load of the flange and toilet and you out onto more solid surrounding wood. Remove the old wax ring from the toilet drain and clean up around it. Enough to create two square frames to fit between the floor joists and under the cuts.
Make the reinforcement long enough so that you can nail it to good wood on both ends. Other clues about the floor damage included discolored flooring mold along the wall and lots of opportunity for water leaks with washer toilet and water heater all in the vicinity. Sure it will take you some work but the end result is well worth the effort. If you find that your bathroom floor has rotted through you will need to replace it.
Remove all the bathroom fixtures including the toilet sink bathtub if it is sitting on the floor and shower stall. See even more great ideas at www cam. If you find that your bathroom floor has rotted through you will need to replace it. It took a lot of work but w.
Pick a time to do it when the bathroom traffic will be lighter like during the summer months when people are outside more if possible and get started. Peel the flooring several inches beyond the rotted area.
- White Marble Effect Bathroom Floor Tiles
- What Is The Best Tile Layout For A Small Bathroom
- White Bathroom Ideas Small
- What Color To Paint A Bathroom With No Windows
- What Is The Best Flooring For Bathrooms And Kitchens
- White Bathroom Vanity With Wood Floors
- What Items Should Be In A Guest Bathroom
- What Wood To Use Under Bathroom Floor
- Waterproof Wall Coverings For Bathrooms
- White Bathroom Vanity Color Ideas
- What Color Should I Paint A Small Bathroom
- White Bathroom With Wood Tile Floor
- Which Tiles Are Best For Bathrooms
- What To Include In A Guest Bathroom
- What Color To Paint Ceiling In Bathroom
- What Color Should You Paint Your Bathroom
- White Brick Effect Bathroom Wall Panels
- What Color To Paint A Small Bathroom With No Windows
- White And Navy Blue Bathroom Ideas
- What Color To Paint A Bathroom With Pink Tile