Is It Ok To Put Hardwood Floors In A Bathroom
Showers in the morning warm baths for the kids in the evening bathtub overflows spills and splashes can severely damage the floor.
Is it ok to put hardwood floors in a bathroom. Here are some guidelines for your clients to follow to keep their newly installed bathroom floors looking fresh. They are expensive so. Choose a plush carpeting wood tile or laminate. Placing hardwood floors in a bathroom is ok but.
Any leak from the tub toilet or sink can cause the floor to warp or separate. Reservations aside you certainly can use bamboo flooring in a bathroom if you have to have it. Consider installing reclaimed or distressed engineered wood floors in a bathroom to help any possible water damage blend into the design of the wood. Bamboo is a very nice material and can look particularly striking in a bathroom where it s not expected much like a hardwood countertop in a kitchen can draw attention.
Hardwood floors in bathrooms i am often asked is it safe to install wood floors in the bathrooms of our house the answer is yes and no. Solid hardwood flooring will absorb moisture whether it is from high humidity or water spilled onto it. Blend the colors with the flooring you ve. Hardwood floors come in different colors and styles making it a perfect choice for a variety of decor projects.
If you happen to live in an adult only household that towels off while in the tub or shower the application can be successful without problems. A bathroom floored with hardwood will draw attention as an elegant space. The wood will swell as a result. Hardwood is easily discolored by water and the can fibers swell which can cause the entire flooring surface to buckle.
Full baths with tubs and kids is not a good idea. Do not consider solid wood flooring for most bathrooms. Hardwood is a better bathroom flooring choice than say carpet but it can still be very problematic. You must weigh the pro s against the con s.
It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use. But be prepared for some babying of the floor. If you re not a big fan of the cold clinical look that s common for bathrooms then wood will certainly suit your tastes. Manufacturers always caution against the installation of hardwood in rooms where wet conditions are likely and even installation against concrete slabs is questionable since moisture can migrate through the concrete.
Wood is warm stylish and beautiful. Moisture kills hardwood and a bathroom is probably the most humid area of the entire home.
- Combined Indian Style Indian Bathroom Designs For Small Spaces
- Cheap Small Bathroom Remodel Before And After
- Color Schemes Shower Curtain Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- Contemporary Country Bathroom Ideas
- Chalk Paint Bathroom Wall Tiles
- Color Scheme Small Bathroom Colour Ideas
- Ceramic Tiles Bathroom Design Ideas
- Ceramic Tile Small Bathroom Bathroom Tile Ideas
- Color Small Bathroom Paint Ideas No Natural Light
- Corner Shower Small Bathroom Design
- Cleaning Bathroom Wall Tile With Vinegar
- Contemporary Bathroom Ideas Pinterest
- Crazy Bathroom Floor Designs
- Corner Shower Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- Color Scheme Small Brown Bathroom Color Ideas
- Classic Bathroom Design Black And White
- Cheap Very Small Bathroom Ideas
- Contemporary Modern Bathroom Sink Ideas
- Contemporary Bathroom Ideas Photo Gallery
- Contemporary Small Bathroom Ideas