Cleaning Marble Bathroom Floor Tiles
For the perfect bathroom tile cleaner apply the thick paste to the dirty tiles using a damp cloth or sponge.
Cleaning marble bathroom floor tiles. Anything acidic like lemon juice will cause caustic damage to sensitive marble and may even stain it. The acid in vinegar can damage the surface. Deep cleaning and polishing can bring back the shine and you can remove tough stains. Use a gentle household detergent on fresh stains and ammonia or mineral spirits on older more stubborn stains.
This is important because sediment on your mop can scratch the marble and a dirty mop can create unwanted streak marks. Keeping your marble dry will give it a longer life. Soaps even mild detergents aren t recommended either. With a clean cloth rinse the clean bathroom tiles with warm water.
Dilute your chosen cleanser with warm water and use a soft cloth to apply it to the stained area. Let the paste sit for a minimum of 30 minutes. When you do need to clean it look for a neutral ph cleanser don t just spray your usual bathroom cleaner. Spray the cleanser on the tile and scrub gently with a sponge once a week.
If you ve moved into a home with an old dirty marble floor you don t have to rip up the tile and start again. Wet the entire area with hot water then apply the cleaning. Abrasive cleaners will also scratch marble in a heartbeat. Natural stone tiles like granite marble and limestone are more delicate than other materials and are often used in flooring around pools in bathrooms and other moist areas.
Take an old toothbrush or grout brush and scrub removing the soap scum with it. Avoid harsh chemical solutions and acidic cleaners such as vinegar ammonia and citrus cleaner. Mop the marble floor mop the marble floors using an untreated mop. While vinegar is touted as a great household cleaner it s not recommended to clean marble tiles.
Rather than using vacuum cleaners and brushes that could damage marble tiles use a soft mop to clean with hot water and soap. If the homeowner isn t using a special marble cleaner he or she should use warm water only. Clean marble tiles at least once a week using either a specially formulated marble cleanser or a mild non acid household cleaner. If you re struggling with mold and mildew buildup on your floors stonetech mold mildew stain remover works to fight it without damaging delicate tiles like marble.
The list of inappropriate marble floor cleaners is surprisingly long. If the stain on your marble tile is oil based such as grease or cosmetics you can usually remove it with a soft liquid cleanser. Now how to clean marble floor stains with equipment that s gentle on precious surfaces. The neutral cleanser is formulated for stone and will keep your marble clean and beautiful.
- Small Beige And White Bathroom Ideas
- Small Grey And White Bathroom Ideas
- Small Corner Shower Tile Ideas
- Small Bathroom Vanity Ideas 2020
- Small Bedroom Small Space Small Bathroom Paint Colors
- Small Bathroom Tile Remodel Ideas
- Small Blue Bathroom Wall Tiles
- Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas Uk
- Small Bathroom With Bathtub Design Ideas
- Small Blue And Gray Bathroom Ideas
- Small Bathroom With Wood Tile Floor
- Small Grey And White Bathroom Designs
- Small Bathroom Wall Tiles Design Images
- Small Design Small Grey And White Bathroom Ideas
- Small Bathroom Vanity Makeover Ideas
- Small Bathroom Tile Shower Ideas
- Small Bathroom Tile Ideas Uk
- Small Bathrooms With Corner Tubs
- Small Bathroom With Freestanding Tub And Walk In Shower
- Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas