Can You Use Wood Floors In A Bathroom
You just have to dry water off of it rather than letting it sit but you should do that anyway explains sassaman.
Can you use wood floors in a bathroom. It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use. Vinyl planks will absorb none of that moisture so you won t have to worry about them warping or swelling. Humidity is a common factor of a bathroom even with venting fans. Any and all splashed and spilled water must be mopped up and dried immediately even if you think you have waterproofed the floor with sealer.
Almost no hardwood floor can seal against a complete flood. The wood will swell as a result. Make sure the floor you choose will work for a bathroom. An engineered hardwood floor could hold up well in spacious well ventilated bathrooms that doesn t receive much traffic.
Do not consider solid wood flooring for most bathrooms. If you wish to have natural wood in a bathroom engineered wood is the best choice. Any type of wood product no matter how well protected is prone to damage in bathrooms. Plus engineered wood flooring looks authentically like wood because the top layer is real hardwood veneer.
John ahlen the owner of a 19th century victorian home in arkansas used salvaged wood from an old farmhouse for his bathroom floors to keep with the original look and feel of the house. Bamboo is a very nice material and can look particularly striking in a bathroom where it s not expected much like a hardwood countertop in a kitchen can draw attention. In a home with old plumbing you should think carefully before risking a hardwood floor in kitchens or bathrooms. Reservations aside you certainly can use bamboo flooring in a bathroom if you have to have it.
Too much moisture in the air and wood flooring will swell. But be prepared for some babying of the floor. Solid hardwood flooring will absorb moisture whether it is from high humidity or water spilled onto it. You can install it yourself.
If not go with another choice. Nicole sassaman an interior designer in southern california says she loves the warm inviting look of wood floors in bathrooms and agrees with ahlen that taking a few extra steps will pay off. Of all hardwood flooring options engineered is a better choice for a bathroom than solid as plywood or solid wood bottom layers hold up against moisture relatively well and are very dimensionally stable. Unless properly treated and sealed by professionals or prefinished specifically for a bathroom floor a wooden floor can develop moisture problems especially under the toilet.
- Small Square Tiles Bathroom Floor
- Small Space Bathroom Door Ideas
- Small Space Small Bathroom Bathroom Interior Design Trends 2020
- Small Space Small Bathroom Bathroom Floor Tiles
- Small Space Bathroom Designs India
- Small Space Small Bathroom Shower Tile Ideas
- Somany Bathroom Wall Tiles Images
- Small Space Small Bathroom Design In Pakistan
- Small Space Filipino Small Bathroom Design Philippines
- Small Space Plan Small Tiny Narrow Bathroom Designs
- Solid Wood Bathroom Flooring
- Small Space Bathroom Remodel Images
- Solid Wood Bathroom Wall Cabinets
- Small Walk In Shower Bathroom Remodel
- Small Space Small Bathroom Ideas On A Budget
- Small Space Corner Shower Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- Small Zen Bathroom Images
- Small Space Very Small Bathroom Design Ideas
- Small Space Simple Black And White Bathroom Designs
- Small Space Bathroom Designs For Home