Can You Use Wood Floor In Bathroom
But be prepared for some babying of the floor.
Can you use wood floor in bathroom. Vinyl planks will absorb none of that moisture so you won t have to worry about them warping or swelling. If you wish to have natural wood in a bathroom engineered wood is the best choice. Manufacturers often challenge warranty claims on wood flooring in a bathroom and some flooring products may expressly say they are not suitable for bathrooms. Other reasons to use wood floors in the bathroom besides looks are ease and continuity.
An engineered hardwood floor could hold up well in spacious well ventilated bathrooms that doesn t receive much traffic. Reservations aside you certainly can use bamboo flooring in a bathroom if you have to have it. And it creates a flow a feeling of continuity that i find calming. However it does have issues when used in moist or humid environments such as bathrooms.
Humidity is a common factor of a bathroom even with venting fans. Solid hardwood flooring will absorb moisture whether it is from high humidity or water spilled onto it. Any and all splashed and spilled water must be mopped up and dried immediately even if you think you have waterproofed the floor with sealer. While certain types of hardwood flooring can be successful in bathroom use wood in the bathroom will require a higher level of maintenance than in other places.
You can install it yourself. Bamboo is a very nice material and can look particularly striking in a bathroom where it s not expected much like a hardwood countertop in a kitchen can draw attention. It s easier to run flooring that exists in the other rooms of the house through to the bathroom. Ahlen applied several coats of oil based polyurethane and then filled the cracks in between the boards with wood putty to assure a waterproof seal.
Any type of wood product no matter how well protected is prone to damage in bathrooms. It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use. Make sure the floor you choose will work for a bathroom. Do not consider solid wood flooring for most bathrooms.
If not go with another choice. Of all hardwood flooring options engineered is a better choice for a bathroom than solid as plywood or solid wood bottom layers hold up against moisture relatively well and are very dimensionally stable. Too much moisture in the air and wood flooring will swell. John ahlen the owner of a 19th century victorian home in arkansas used salvaged wood from an old farmhouse for his bathroom floors to keep with the original look and feel of the house.
Advantages of hardwood in a bathroom.
- Design Ideas For Long Narrow Bathrooms
- Design Of Small Bathroom Remodelations
- Dark Blue Bathroom Vanity Ideas
- Design Bathroom Wall Tile Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- Dark Grey Tile Bathroom Ideas
- Design 2018 Simple Indian Small Bathroom Designs
- Decorating A Small Bathroom On A Budget
- Creative Bathroom Floor Ideas
- Dark Blue And White Bathroom Ideas
- Design Bathroom Vanities Ideas
- Design Of Small Size Bathroom
- Cream Colored Bathroom Wall Cabinets
- Cream Kitchen Wall Tiles Ideas
- Design Small Bathroom Ideas With Shower Only
- Dark Brown Bathroom Floor Ideas
- Diy Redo Bathroom Vanity
- Dark Wood Bathroom Wall Cabinet
- Diy Bathroom Wall Tile Repair
- Dark Gray Tile Bathroom Ideas
- Decorating Ideas To Make A Small Bathroom Look Bigger