Can You Use Hardwood Floors In A Bathroom
Reservations aside you certainly can use bamboo flooring in a bathroom if you have to have it.
Can you use hardwood floors in a bathroom. Laying tile is much more time consuming and not to mention more expensive if you are hiring someone to do it. Unless properly treated and sealed by professionals or prefinished specifically for a bathroom floor a wooden floor can develop moisture problems especially under the toilet. Bathroom floors hardwood floors bathroom floors hardwood wood bathrooms are by nature wet moist places and that s why materials like tile or cut stone are popular. Bamboo is a very nice material and can look particularly striking in a bathroom where it s not expected much like a hardwood countertop in a kitchen can draw attention.
Showers in the morning warm baths for the kids in the evening bathtub overflows spills and splashes can severely damage the floor. Hardwood floors whether restored recycled or installed new have become one of the most popular choices in every area of the home and the bathroom is no exception. Hardwood is a better bathroom flooring choice than say carpet but it can still be very problematic. Hardwood may not be the best flooring choice in a heavily used bathroom where children will splash around but it can be perfect in a guest bath or powder room that contains only a vanity and where there s little chance of water puddling on the floor.
As you prepare to install a hardwood floor in a bathroom there are a few things you should keep in mind. It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use. If you happen to live in an adult only household that towels off while in the tub or shower the application can be successful without problems. But be prepared for some babying of the floor.
With a few extra precautions wood floors can perform as well in bathrooms as they do everywhere else. Hardwood will take much more care and maintenance in a bathroom than elsewhere in your home at the very least a yearly application of a finish designed for wet environments. Selecting the right species and type of hardwood floor for a bathroom any kind of moisture is harmful to wood. If you are installing your own flooring continuing the hardwood into the bathroom is so much easier than laying tile which is the most common bathroom flooring option.
Full baths with tubs and kids is not a good idea. Solid hardwood flooring is not a good choice for bathrooms do not consider solid wood flooring for most bathrooms. Moisture kills hardwood and a bathroom is probably the most humid area of the entire home. It also helps that wood floors are warmer underfoot.
- Square Black And White Bathroom Wall Tiles
- Standing Shower Bathroom Design Ideas
- Tiny Bathroom Walk In Shower Ideas
- Tile Design Bathroom Pictures
- Tile Bathroom Walls Shower Tub Area
- Tiling A Wooden Bathroom Floor
- Teal Color Paint For Bathroom
- Top Bathroom Tile Ideas
- Tiny Bathroom Diy Small Bathroom Remodel
- Subway Tiles Bathroom Images
- Top 10 Bathroom Remodel Ideas
- Space Saving Modern Bathroom Designs For Small Spaces
- Tiny Bathroom Remodel Pictures
- Tile Modern Bathroom Shower Ideas
- Tiling Floor Or Walls First
- Things Needed For Guest Bathroom
- Stand Up Shower Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- Space Saving Small Space Bathroom Designs With Bathtub
- Trends In Bathroom Design
- Tiny Bathroom Low Budget Budget Small Bathroom Remodel