Can You Use Floor Tiles On Bathroom Walls
Here are 14 examples of bathrooms that have used the same tiles on both the floors and the ceilings.
Can you use floor tiles on bathroom walls. Subway tiles are a perennial favorite in bathrooms as these too have a 1 2 size ratio. The individual homeowner s taste as well as the budget and the latest trends also. In short it is an excellent idea to make use of vinyl flooring on your bathroom walls. Floor tiles are generally larger so those who want large tiles on their walls will likely choose a floor tile.
Shower subway tile wall with window and monstera leaf image credit. The difference in names hinges on water absorption rates. It creates a cohesive look and can make a bold statement if you choose to use a bright color. Wall tiles on the floor would certainly be considered an alternative material.
Floor tiles can also be used on the walls and in fact they often are for a variety of reasons. No not made for that will grow mold behind it. There s a growing trend of running the floor tile up the walls of the bathroom to create a dramatic minimalist look. In some jurisdictions it is illegal to install building materials for other than their intended purpose without approval.
Peter schweitzer consider the tile size. Maybe not but not for the reason you think. Not only will it be extremely resistant to all forms of dampness water and moisture. Tiles that are 12 inches high by 24 inches long work well if you want larger sized tiles.
These days it is possible to obtain vinyl flooring in an extensive range of color and style options. The workhorse of kitchen and bathroom floor surfaces ceramic tile is called both ceramic and porcelain. This is good news if you re looking for a unique look in your decor such as using large format flooring tiles on the wall or on both the wall and the floor. Although most wall tiles can t be used on the floor most floor tiles can be used on the wall as long as the wall can bear the weight of the tile.
The texture of the large dark tiles on both the floor and walls of this bathroom work well with the texture of the vanity and wardrobe also found in the bathroom. Photography by dean schmideg. Since bathroom walls can be longer than they are high you can use tiles that also are longer than they are high. Tile that absorbs water at a slower rate is officially called porcelain and is best for high moisture spaces like bathrooms.
The size of the bathroom will help dictate the size of the tile selected.
- How To Clean Bathroom Wall And Floor Tiles
- How To Tile A Wood Subfloor
- High End Bathroom Remodel Ideas
- Home Depot Bath Wall Tiles
- Ideas To Remodel My Bathroom
- How To Instal Bathroom Wall Tiles
- How To Decorate Brown Bathroom
- How To Clean Bathroom Wall Tiles In Tamil
- How To Decorate A Bathroom With Blue Tile
- How Do You Put Bathroom Tiles On The Wall
- How To Install Wood Floor In Bathroom
- Ideas To Remodel Your Bathroom
- Home Depot Bathroom Floor And Wall Tile
- How To Put Bathroom Tiles Back On Wall
- How To Choose A Paint Color For A Small Bathroom
- How To Fix Bathroom Shower Wall
- How To Tile Wooden Bathroom Floor
- How To Remodel Small Bathroom On A Budget
- Ideas For Narrow Bathrooms
- Ideas For Long Narrow Bathrooms