Can You Have Wooden Floors In A Bathroom
Some of the pros of having wooden flooring in your bathroom here are the same as having it in any other room of your house.
Can you have wooden floors in a bathroom. Any and all splashed and spilled water must be mopped up and dried immediately even if you think you have waterproofed the floor with sealer. The colour of a wood floor is also more inviting than the relative coldness of tile. An engineered hardwood floor could hold up well in spacious well ventilated bathrooms that doesn t receive much traffic. Like stone porcelain tile can achieve a rich textured solid feeling.
Wood is fine in bathrooms. You ll be barefoot a lot of the time in the bathroom and a wood floor is usually warmer and more comforting than tile. While certain types of hardwood flooring can be successful in bathroom use wood in the bathroom will require a higher level of maintenance than in other places. If not go with another choice.
Like wood flooring tile looks great. Like vinyl it is waterproof and is fairly inexpensive. It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use. Laying tile is much more time consuming and not to mention more expensive if you are hiring someone to do it.
However it does have issues when used in moist or humid environments such as bathrooms. Nicole sassaman an interior designer in southern california says she loves the warm inviting look of wood floors in bathrooms and agrees with ahlen that taking a few extra steps will pay off. Unless properly treated and sealed by professionals or prefinished specifically for a bathroom floor a wooden floor can develop moisture problems especially under the toilet. Manufacturers often challenge warranty claims on wood flooring in a bathroom and some flooring products may expressly say they are not suitable for bathrooms.
Make sure the floor you choose will work for a bathroom. Hardwood floors are on the must have lists of many homeowners and they are an increasingly popular option in the bathroom. Porcelain tile is the best of all worlds for bathroom flooring as it is waterproof stylish and cost effective. Advantages of hardwood in a bathroom.
If you are installing your own flooring continuing the hardwood into the bathroom is so much easier than laying tile which is the most common bathroom flooring option. You just have to dry water off of it rather than letting it sit but you should do that anyway explains sassaman. Do not consider solid wood flooring for most bathrooms. The wood will swell as a result.
- Bathroom Paint Ideas Green
- Bathroom Remodel Bathroom Floor Tiles Design
- Bathroom Remodel Small Master Bathroom Ideas
- Bathroom Paint Colors With Dark Brown Tile
- Bathroom Paint Color With Beige Tile
- Bathroom Remodel On A Budget Ideas
- Bathroom Paint Colors Green
- Bathroom Remodel Wall Tile Bathroom Tile Ideas
- Bathroom Paint Ideas Images
- Bathroom Remodel Ideas With Jacuzzi Tub
- Bathroom Remodel Ideas With Tub Shower Combo
- Bathroom Remodel Bathtub Replacement Ideas
- Bathroom Remodel Ideas Removing Tub
- Bathroom Paint Ideas Beige Tiles
- Bathroom Remodel Pictures For Small Bathrooms
- Bathroom Renovation Ideas India
- Bathroom Remodel Design Ideas
- Bathroom Paint Color Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- Bathroom Paint Colors Blue Green
- Bathroom Renovation Ideas Australia