Can You Have Hardwood Floors In A Bathroom
Full baths with tubs and kids is not a good idea.
Can you have hardwood floors in a bathroom. Solid hardwood flooring will absorb moisture whether it is from high humidity or water spilled onto it. Though you may be able to undo some of the damage flooding will generally destroy a hardwood flooring installation even if it is properly sealed. In a home with old plumbing you should think carefully before risking a hardwood floor in kitchens or bathrooms. Do not consider solid wood flooring for most bathrooms.
It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use. Laying tile is much more time consuming and not to mention more expensive if you are hiring someone to do it. Hardwood floors in bathrooms i am often asked is it safe to install wood floors in the bathrooms of our house the answer is yes and no. The look and feel just add an element no other material can match but issues can arise when wooden flooring is suggested for the bathroom.
Hardwood will take much more care and maintenance in a bathroom than elsewhere in your home at the very least a yearly application of a finish designed for wet environments. You ll find arguments on both sides of the coin when it comes to wooden flooring in the bathroom. Moisture kills hardwood and a bathroom is probably the most humid area of the entire home. Manufacturers often challenge warranty claims on wood flooring in a bathroom and some flooring products may expressly say they are not suitable for bathrooms.
Using wooden flooring throughout a home is a no brainer for many homeowners. Unless properly treated and sealed by professionals or prefinished specifically for a bathroom floor a wooden floor can develop moisture problems especially under the toilet. Bathroom floors hardwood floors bathroom floors hardwood wood bathrooms are by nature wet moist places and that s why materials like tile or cut stone are popular. If you are installing your own flooring continuing the hardwood into the bathroom is so much easier than laying tile which is the most common bathroom flooring option.
The wood will swell as a result. With a few extra precautions wood floors can perform as well in bathrooms as they do everywhere else. Reclaimed hardwood floors already have natural character. Showers in the morning warm baths for the kids in the evening bathtub overflows spills and splashes can severely damage the floor.
If you happen to live in an adult only household that towels off while in the tub or shower the application can be successful without problems. Hardwood is a better bathroom flooring choice than say carpet but it can still be very problematic. Here are some guidelines for your clients to follow to keep their newly installed bathroom floors looking fresh.
- Modern Master Bathroom Luxury Modern Shower Designs
- Modern Master Bathroom Ideas Photo Gallery
- Modern Small Bathroom Designs 2019
- Natural Wood Bathroom Wall Cabinet
- Modern Small Bathroom Remodel Pictures
- Modern White And Wood Bathroom Ideas
- Modern Small Size Bathroom Design
- Most Popular Grey Paint Color For Bathroom
- Modern Small Bathroom And Laundry Room Combo Designs
- Modern Wall Tile Design Ideas
- Modern Luxury Small Bathroom Toilet Seat Design
- Modern Master Bathroom Bathroom Design Images
- Modern Small Modern Bathroom Remodel Pictures
- Modern Simple Bathroom Designs For Small Spaces India
- Modern Master Bathroom Pictures
- Modern Small Bathroom Ideas Modern Comfort Room Tiles Design Philippines
- Most Popular Paint Colors For Bathrooms 2019
- Narrow Half Bath Small Powder Room Ideas
- Modern Small Space Simple Bathroom Designs
- Mop For Cleaning Bathroom Wall Tiles