Can Wood Flooring Be Used In A Bathroom
In fact wood is a surprisingly strong performer in a humid environment provided that it s safely protected and maintained of course.
Can wood flooring be used in a bathroom. Hardwood floors are on the must have lists of many homeowners and they are an increasingly popular option in the bathroom. Many homeowners love a diy project and laminate flooring is one of those. However it does have issues when used in moist or humid environments such as bathrooms. With that said here are some reasons you may choose to do your half bath with laminate.
Do not consider solid wood flooring for most bathrooms. Vinyl flooring is one of the best options for bathrooms. Advantages of hardwood in a bathroom. The wood will swell as a result.
The key benefits of vinyl flooring in your bathroom are. Splashing standing water and even high humidity would damage and warp the material making it useless in a short amount of time. Of all hardwood flooring options engineered is a better choice for a bathroom than solid as plywood or solid wood bottom layers hold up against moisture relatively well and are very dimensionally stable. Plus engineered wood flooring looks authentically like wood because the top layer is real hardwood veneer.
While certain types of hardwood flooring can be successful in bathroom use wood in the bathroom will require a higher level of maintenance than in other places. Solid hardwood flooring will absorb moisture whether it is from high humidity or water spilled onto it. It might be fine in a small guest lavatory but should not be used where a shower or bathtub will be in frequent use. While stone or ceramic tiles are the traditional choice vinyl flooring offers higher performance at a lower price point making it the superior option.
The pros to having laminate flooring in your bathroom. More durable bathroom flooring option than engineered hardwood it may be hard to imagine but vinyl planks are more durable than engineered hardwood in the long run. Laminate flooring is very user friendly. Any type of wood product no matter how well protected is prone to damage in bathrooms.
If you wish to have natural wood in a bathroom engineered wood is the best choice. Engineered hardwood is made from wood making it highly suseptible to dents and rotting from exposure to moisture. Has this all changed with new treatments available for wood flooring. An engineered hardwood floor could hold up well in spacious well ventilated bathrooms that doesn t receive much traffic.
- Small Bathroom Designs With Bath And Shower
- Small Bathroom Diy Shower Remodel
- Small Bathroom Design Pictures
- Small Bathroom Design Ideas Philippines
- Small Bathroom Ideas Freestanding Bath
- Small Bathroom Designs With Double Sink
- Small Bathroom Designs With Shower And Toilet
- Small Bathroom Double Vanity Ideas
- Small Bathroom Freestanding Tub With Shower
- Small Bathroom Design Storage
- Small Bathroom Diy Bathroom Storage Ideas
- Small Bathroom Design Ideas With Bathtub
- Small Bathroom Half Bathroom Ideas With Pedestal Sink
- Small Bathroom Ideas Half Bath
- Small Bathroom Design Philippines
- Small Bathroom Design Ideas With Tub
- Small Bathroom Ideas Grey And White
- Small Bathroom Designs No Toilet
- Small Bathroom Ideas Layout
- Small Bathroom Glass Shower Ideas